[Recipe] Delicious Curry Chicken
Looking for a new way to prepare the chicken breast I’m devouring as part of my new eating habits I flashed back to my lunches at LA’s “Urth Caffe.”
There they prepare the BEST curry chicken salad. So I though hey, this is about experimenting and learning how to prepare and eat great food at home so I took to the kitchen. Thank goodness I recently cleaned out my cabinets and restocked with all the REAL goodies, I had EVERYTHING I’d need already in house.
This dish came out GREAT, and I’ll make this over and over and continue to make it more my own. Give it a try and let me know how you like it. Post a picture on our facebook page.
- 3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and Ground Pepper, to taste
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Style Curry powder
- ½ White or Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 14 oz. Coconut milk (1 can)
- 14.5 oz. Stewed, diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Raw sugar (optional)
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and into ½″ strips. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook another minute.
- Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry and oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, approximately 40-50 minutes.
- Serve hot, optionally over rice if your just finishing a tough workout.
- Leave a comment on AlumniWellness.com to let us know what you think.
Optional additions may include adding potatoes or other veggies like peas or carrots. Let us know what YOU do with it.