Fruity Quinoa with Cashews
We all love macaroni and cheese, but it may be time to eat your nutritional age. Replace fatty (all be them delicious) heart clogging side dishes with recipes like this one which happens to not only be good for you but is really good.
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Apple, cored and diced small
- 1/4 Orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews, raw unsalted and chopped
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Rinse quinoa in a fine strainer.
- Add veggie broth to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add apple, orange, and cashews.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve.
Leave us a comment to let us know what you think after you try it. Post your pictures in the forum. What changes would you make?