The Uber Salad. Super Foods Making Friends at Home
The Uber Salad is one of my first home grown recipes.
I was trying to eat better and adopt a salad that I would really enjoy, and that was better than the iceberg lettuce based standards in the restaurants. I wanted to end up with a product that would be great for me and that I would’t quickly get bored with.
The Uber Salad is based on a list of “super foods” that I began experimenting with in different combinations. The result is one of my favorites (especially with grilled socket eye salmon and wild blueberries). Give it a try and let me know what you end up making. Post a picture on our facebook page.
Quick note: Take it easy on the dressing, and keep it LIGHT. Try a vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar, or other light oil based dressing and enjoy the natural flavors.
- 1 - 2 cups Fresh raw spinach
- ¼ cup Sliced white onion
- 8 - 12 oz. Grilled lean meat (Salmon, chicken breast, etc) sliced
- ⅓ cup Fresh fruit (peaches, avocado, wild blueberries, etc)
- ¼ cup Diced tomatoes
- 1 small handful Sliced almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss with your favorite light dressing.
- Send us a photo and your feedback.
Heres another recent example of the Uber Salad I made recently with strawberries instead of avocado.