Looking through old kitchen photos recently, I realized that I neglected to share one of my favorite, relatively easy and totally delicious favorites: CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA! (You have to say it slow like Bacon-Burger-Dawwwwwwwwwwwg)
I made this the first time with store brand pas to from Whole Foods and it was very good. So good that I made it again a couple times, HOWEVER.. It didn’t get to be downright delicious until I dropped the broccoli, added more asparagus and (drumroll) made my own pesto from locally grown basil. Whoa! At that point I had to keep a stick by the over to beat folks away.
I’m sure you’ll find your favorite way to make this one. Take a picture when you do, I’d like to see.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – 6oz
- Salt – pinch
- Pepper – pinch
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Pesto – 3 tbsp
- Broccoli – ¼ cup small florets
- Sundried tomatoes – ¼ cup sliced
- Asparagus cut into ½” pieces – ½ cup
- Aged white cheddar cheese rough grated – ½ cup
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sautee
- Set chicken aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and situate tortilla(s)
- Spread the pesto base evenly on tortilla leaving the outer 1″ for crust
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a mixing bowl and toss.
- Spread evenly covering pesto
- Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and shell is lightly toasted.
About the author
Certified Nutrition Coach. Writer. Cook. Meditator. Marketer. Purveyor of effective workouts. Translator of a future that includes more personal happiness and fulfillment.
My goal is to eat the most nutrition dense food possible within a busy schedule and then teach YOU how to do it too.
Leave a Reply
Lately I have been making deliberate changes to my diet in order to reduce fat, get lean, and of course look and feel my best. There are two books that I have found extremely useful in... more