The Best Chicken Pesto Pizza Ever!
Looking through old kitchen photos recently, I realized that I neglected to share one of my favorite, relatively easy and totally delicious favorites: CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA! (You have to say it slow like Bacon-Burger-Dawwwwwwwwwwwg)
I made this the first time with store brand pas to from Whole Foods and it was very good. So good that I made it again a couple times, HOWEVER.. It didn’t get to be downright delicious until I dropped the broccoli, added more asparagus and (drumroll) made my own pesto from locally grown basil. Whoa! At that point I had to keep a stick by the over to beat folks away.
I’m sure you’ll find your favorite way to make this one. Take a picture when you do, I’d like to see.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast - 6oz
- Salt - pinch
- Pepper - pinch
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Pesto - 3 tbsp
- Broccoli - ¼ cup small florets
- Sundried tomatoes - ¼ cup sliced
- Asparagus cut into ½" pieces - ½ cup
- Aged white cheddar cheese rough grated - ½ cup
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sautee
- Set chicken aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and situate tortilla(s)
- Spread the pesto base evenly on tortilla leaving the outer 1" for crust
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a mixing bowl and toss.
- Spread evenly covering pesto
- Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and shell is lightly toasted.
About the author
Certified Nutrition Coach. Writer. Cook. Meditator. Marketer. Purveyor of effective workouts. Translator of a future that includes more personal happiness and fulfillment.
My goal is to eat the most nutrition dense food possible within a busy schedule and then teach YOU how to do it too.
Leave a Reply
A frittata is an italian omlette that can be filled with meats, vegetables, cheese, just about whatever you want. As I'm trying to add vegetables to my diet in order to drop a few inches... more