The Best Chicken Pesto Pizza Ever!
Looking through old kitchen photos recently, I realized that I neglected to share one of my favorite, relatively easy and totally delicious favorites: CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA! (You have to say it slow like Bacon-Burger-Dawwwwwwwwwwwg)
I made this the first time with store brand pas to from Whole Foods and it was very good. So good that I made it again a couple times, HOWEVER.. It didn’t get to be downright delicious until I dropped the broccoli, added more asparagus and (drumroll) made my own pesto from locally grown basil. Whoa! At that point I had to keep a stick by the over to beat folks away.
I’m sure you’ll find your favorite way to make this one. Take a picture when you do, I’d like to see.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast - 6oz
- Salt - pinch
- Pepper - pinch
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Pesto - 3 tbsp
- Broccoli - ¼ cup small florets
- Sundried tomatoes - ¼ cup sliced
- Asparagus cut into ½" pieces - ½ cup
- Aged white cheddar cheese rough grated - ½ cup
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sautee
- Set chicken aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and situate tortilla(s)
- Spread the pesto base evenly on tortilla leaving the outer 1" for crust
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a mixing bowl and toss.
- Spread evenly covering pesto
- Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and shell is lightly toasted.