Andre’s Top Strategies for Losing Your Hard Earned Abs
Health professionals too often forget their purpose or believe they’ve missed their calling and turn preacher.
From their pulpit of the tabernacle of Healthier Than Thou they publish only the news of their very sweatiest workouts or their 18th mirror self portrait when the lighting was juuuuuust right to show that top abdominal fiber.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the spoils of living an active lifestyle and eating according to our design. Most of the time I even love the work itself. I just think that we sometimes portray an image of being so far beyond reproach, as if we never fall off, miss a workout, and only drink the highest quality breast milk. NOT!
That’s why it was so refreshing to read the following post from the Ab Monster himself, my client, mentor and friend Andre admitting his recent missteps, forgiving himself, then getting back on the wagon.
THAT’S the mark of a winner.
It is time to get serious with my nutrition. I have been slacking off on my food prep and letting life get the best of me.
Here are my top mistakes for screwing up my abs over the last 4 weeks:
- Taking my health and fitness for granted
- Not doing food prep at least once a week
- Not taking food to the office aka freestyle eating
- Going out to lunch with clients every day
- Have a few drinks with friends or while watching the Olympics
- Ordering a lot of takeout food
- Eating a few chick-fil-a meals a week
- Not measuring my girth and weight at least every other week
- Not having a plan for when my schedule is f*ing up, and
- Ignoring the fact that I should plan alternate workout times
One more thing, I now have a cold. This is the first time in a year that I can remember getting a cold. Eff crappy food. One more reason to eat great food and exercise.
The good news, this is in the past and I am back on track starting NOW.